Our for our very first blogging award nomination!
I just knew that 2018 was going to be amazing! Here we are, not even two weeks in, and I have made some massive strides. I am keeping up with my long-term goals, crushing my short-term ones and, most of all, I am thriving! Now, I am both humbled and honored at being nominated for this award. It has, honestly, made my week to be recognized.
Angela, the master of vegan eating, teen momming, family blending and just generally being awesome over at Oh Happy Davis! , nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. I highly suggest stopping by her page, which is full of yummy looking vegan food and daily reminders to be happy – you know I love pushing happiness! I can’t even begin to express my gratitude for being one of her 11 nominees for this award.
The rules of The Sunshine Award are as follows:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My questions to answer:
1. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
My favorite holiday is Halloween, hands down. It has always been my favorite, even as a kid. As a child, it was more about dressing up and free candy. Now, however, I also love the history and the eerie sentiments attached to Halloween. I love the macabre and anything related to the occult. Something about that time of year always feels a bit mystical to me. I also like horror movies, haunted houses, and scary stories. Maybe I am a little bit morbid, I can’t tell.
2. What’s your “go to” vacation destination?
This question is always so hard for me because my dream is to see the world. I would love to go to Italy again. It’s so beautiful and bursting with a history that I could spend a lifetime there and never grow tired of it. To choose a single destination – and one I’ve never been to – I will say Greece, which has been on my bucket list for ages. Gorgeous beaches, delicious food, and millennia of history make it the ideal location.
3. What hobby would you do if time and money were not an issue?
Travel. I would travel and work on my art (writing and painting) regularly. I would see the world and contribute to culture.
4. What’s your favorite color?
My favorite color is turquoise, but sometimes it’s also red.
5. What are the most annoying habits that other people have that bother you?
I have a lot of pet peeves, honestly. Wearing socks with sandals, loud chewers, willful ignorance, ignoring people in favor of phone/screen time, not taking the issues of others seriously, selfishness, leaving the keyboard noises on their phone, and blaming others for all life’s problems.
I could go on, but those are the biggest ones for me.
6. What makes you the happiest?
Aside from spending quality time with my family, I’d say new experiences. Whether it’s traveling someplace new, trying new food, or gaining a new skill something about new experiences brings me right to my happy place.
7. Are you a morning person or NOT a morning person?
I couldn’t be a morning person even if the morning were the only time of day that existed. It just is NOT in me.
8. When people come to you for help, what do they normally come to you with?
It could be any number of things. People come to me for general life advice pretty frequently. I also get lots of people who ask for help with writing and formatting. Event planning and budgeting are the other big requests I get from people.
9. If you were frozen for 100 years, what’s the first question you would ask when you woke up?
I imagine I would start with the basics. Can I have a cup of coffee? What year is it? Where is the bathroom? Can somebody bring me a cheeseburger?
One of those, definitely.
10. What age do you wish you could permanently be?
Part of me wants to say 17 because it was just so fun to be young and carefree. Then I remember all that teenage angst, heartbreak, and awkward stupidity. I think I’ll go with 25. At 25 I had come into my own, but didn’t feel old or overwhelmed with responsibilities. It was pretty much the perfect blend – at least so far.
11. What is something you like to do the “old-fashioned” way?
I really love to write letters. I have mountains of stationery, carefully decorated envelopes, and biases toward specific pens. Sitting with a frothy cappuccino and writing heartfelt sentiments to friends all over the world is just something I love. The world is losing something by phasing out handwritten communications. It is incredibly intimate and gratifying and contains some sentiment that has been lost with technology.
My 11 nominees:
Each of these fantastic bloggers has inspired and entertained me with their amazing work!
- April at Travelling Wanderer
- Suz at The O’ Briens Abroad
- Addie at Traveling Mrs.
- Kelly at The Inspiration Compass
- Coree at It’s a Coree Thing
- Anna at It’s A Rad Life
- Kristen at Rise & Brine
- Snippets of Stewarts
- Us Living Life
- Desiree at A Bingeworthy Life
- Nic & Cam
My questions for the nominees:
- What brought you to start blogging?
- What is your dream job?
- What inspires/motivates you?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
- What is your biggest challenge when it comes to blogging?
- What are the top 5 places on your travel bucket list?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Where is your favorite place to write?
- What is your favorite way to bring joy to others?
- What do you wish the world had less of?
Thanks again to Angela!